VICSERV actively collaborates with our members and key stakeholders to offer training solutions that will prepare staff and leaders to meet future challenges and make the most of future opportunities.
Types Of Training
The types of training that we offer as part of VICSERV’s Training Calendar include:
- Leadership Training: The Community Managed Mental Health (CMMH) Leadership and Management Program aims to strengthen and develop effective, adaptive, resilient leaders. These leaders will be equipped to respond to, prepare for, and lead through the challenges and opportunities of current and future reforms. Through this leadership intensive, leaders will gain energy and enthusiasm.
- VET Accredited Training: Nationally recognised qualifications offered by us includes the Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work (CHC43515) that has been developed by government and industry bodies, together with employers, to provide training options for a career path in Community Services and Health
- Specialist Short Course Training: In addition to short courses developed and delivered by the VICSERV training team, training is offered in partnership with specialist organisations and providers to community managed mental health staff. Through these training programs, the sector gains access to key industry and sector experts. Learn more about our specialist short course training
- Introductory Mental Health Training: As the peak body representing community managed mental health services in Victoria, VICSERV is uniquely placed to provide training which increases the understanding, knowledge and awareness of mental health concerns. Learn more about our mental health training programs, these include Mental Health Awareness and Mental Health First Aid.
- Customised Training: VICSERV can also deliver specialist short course and accredited training programs on-site at your premises or at our offices in Elsternwick. We can design, tailor and implement this training so it meets the needs of your staff, teams and organisation.
For more information on VICSERV’s training offerings contact the VICSERV Training Department on 03 9519 7000.
Training Advisory Groups
VICSERV operates a number of advisory and working groups including the VICSERV Training Advisory Group (TAG). The TAG is appointed by the VICSERV Committee of Management and works with the Manager Education and Training, to contribute to the development, communication and implementation of the VICSERV training agenda in line with the strategic and operational plan, and in the context of current workforce and training policy.
The terms of reference of the Training Advisory Group can be found here
Please also visit our Training Registration page to find out about costs and enrolment.